Picture

Picture

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

Because this card isn't for anyone yet, I took alot of chances that I wouldn't normally take. I really want to win some Bugaboo Stamps (I love them) and the Hero Arts September Challenge (they have pretty awesome prizes....and lots of entries for them, lol). Bugaboo Stamps asked for a scene and Hero Arts asked for Autumn, fall colors, and/or a window card. The mouse, mushroom (Hero Arts Silhouette shape), leaves and scallop are all seperate images. I tucked the little mouse under the mushroom and 'rained' some leaves down from above. I colored the images using the Silhouette fill color window and then printed them right onto the inside of my card. I then cut the scallop from the front of the card using the Silhouette. I picked 2 busy fall patterned papers and cut them to the size of the front of the card. Cut them in half, joined the 2 halves on my cutting mat and cut the scallop out of the patterned paper using my Silhouette. I don't usually use patterned papers but since the image was inside the card I wanted to really jazz up the front. Then I edited the scallop by deleting points until it was a half scallop. I was going to use this for my sentiment when I thought hmmm, looks like a cloud, so I printed my really cool sentiment onto my cloud and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China around the edges. I used my ever trusy Bounty Paper Towel applicator to give it that nice swirly look. Then I found a big yellow button to represent the sun and used my Lemondrop Twinery Twine to attach it. I have been sooo intimadated about using my Twinery Twine (probably because it's so expensive), but I think I did well. I popped the cloud off the page and cut out 3 extra leaves for under the cloud. I used my Glossy Accents on the 3 leaves outside the card and on the 3 leaves and Mousie's nose inside the card. I pop dotted the 3 leaves on the front of the card. I LOVE that the little image is inside the card where the writing will be and yet it certainly doesn't feel as if anything is missing from the front!
My lessons learned: Sunlight is the very best way to take a picture. I feel sorry for actors and actresses that have to see their faces on the big screen in HD. By the time I'm done cropping out the cookie monster Q-tip holder from the bathroom counter (because that is the room with the most light) you can see every little wart and blemish on my poor card. I also learned it is best to do the most complicated image with your Glossy Accents first (in this case the Maple Leaf) because my hand was shaking by the time I went to do the last one (in this case the Maple Leaf). I will try retaking my photos tomorrow, in the sun.



Because so many card challenges this week have a fall theme, I would like to enter my card at:
Penny's Paper-Crafty Fall Challenge they have some great prize sponsers this week
Delightful Challenges by Louby Loo Happy Fall Y'All Challenge I love the 'cute' images and they have sooo many,
Crafting for All Seasons Fall Colors Challenge one of their sponsers this week carries Meljens Designs (love),
Crafty Purple Frog Fall Into Fall Challenge I have a mermaid crazy little girl right now and they have the most beautiful mermaid designs


4 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card, I love your patterned papers and the button detail.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

So sweet, love the play on words for the sentiment. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Hannah Clark said...

Very pretty! I love the big button! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

Unknown said...

Hello,
great card! the layout and fall colours are fab!
Thank you for joining usat Delightful Challenges for our Fall challenge! Hope you see you next week,
Zahreen
xxx