Picture

Picture

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I May Have Lost My Mind, Days 10 and 11

Day 10 at Bugaboo Stamps 12 days of Christmas challenge was to make a masculine card. I chose Deacon the elf because that was the only one I thought looked like he was in motion, best for 10 lords a-leaping, or swinging in this case ;o) I used blue argyle background paper from the Stack 5. I cut out a tag using my Silhouette. I used Tim Holtz distress ink in broken china and my ColorBox silver ink to color the tag. Then I used the top of a plastic water bottle to make the rings. I like that coffee cup ring stained look but I knew I needed it on a smaller scale for my tag, so the water bottle worked perfectly. I attached my tag to turquoise ribbon and then used 2 snowflake brads to attach my ribbon to the background paper. Used print and cut on the Silhouette for Deacon, colored him in, ran him through my Xyron and added him to the card too.
My lessons learned: I'm getting much more comfortable using patterned papers on my cards. I wasn't sure whether Deacon should have some blue on him or not. I opted not because all the colors do go together, but still not 100% sure...
Day 11 at Bugaboo Stamps 12 days of Christmas challenge was to use plaid. I really like plaid. I know I said no more birds but this little penguin just sings to me ~ I'll be there with bells on! Really suited the 11 pipers piping. I printed and cut him out using my Silhouette. I used 2 plaid papers that I had, cut them both out into a square, cut the green in half and glued it onto the red. Then I made a snowflake border to run diagonally between the 2. I first used my silver sketch pen to draw the snowflake border using my Silhouette then used the cut edge feature to cut it out. I also used the offset feature on my Silhouette to create the white mat for my musical penguin. I just felt he needed it with such a dark, patterned background paper. I used my Silhouette to cut out the tag, ran it through the printer to put the sentiment on it, then used my gold glitter glue to add the accent.
My lessons learned: move your glitter glued tag further away to dry when coloring, otherwise you end up with glitter glue in your hair as you are leaned over your coloring.


1 comment:

Tammy Miller said...

These are adorable,I love what you have done with Bugaboo! Thanks so much for joining us for our 12 days of Christmas Week Long event!