Picture

Picture

Friday, December 2, 2011

I May Have Lost My Mind

Not really worried, it wasn't really there to begin with. So Bugaboo Stamps is having a 12 days of Christmas challenge on their blog. A new card everyday based on the song the 12 Days of Christmas with the new theme released each day. And you must use a Bugaboo stamp, makes sense. Really, it's not like I'm doing anything else for the next 2 weeks. Course the little one turns 2 on Dec. 23rd, and then there's that other big birthday celebration on the 25th. I may have lost my mind, but I so love Bugaboo Stamps. They have a new freebie every Friday and it is always a fantastic stamp just as cute as all the others in their store. Oh and they are having a 50% off sale for all of December, so the argument that I might have to buy stamps to participate kinda lost some steam with the sale on too. So here we go! (I may have lost my mind).
Today's challenge was to use a tree. I used my Silhouette to cut out the background frame and then ran it through the printer to put the sentiment on it. It was from Deja Views the Sharon Ann collection. I cut out the little frame for my Old World Santa (a past freebie) and ran it through the printer to put him on it. I colored him with a combination of my Zig markers, EK Success pencil crayons, Martha Stewart glitter markers and a white gel pen. I used Diamond Sparkles for his beard and DecoArt Snow Writer for his cape. I LOVE the snow writer, it adds such texture!
My lessons learned: the girls and I have all been sitting down at the dining room table after supper to color (Daddy too, he just doesn't color). It's great for all of us to "craft" together. The only downside? The table gets bumped A LOT. I save my really detailed coloring for when they go for snack ;o)
I would like to share my card at:
Digital Tuesday Challenge go green, closes Dec. 5th,
Aud Sentiments any Winter holiday sentiment, closes Dec. 6th,
Simon Says anything goes, closes Dec. 7th,
Cute Card Thursday a number, closes Dec. 8th.

6 comments:

Rae Anne said...

Barb, you haven't lost your mind. . .;) I love all of Santa's glitter and texture - He looks fabulous! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Twelve Days of Christmas Day 1 challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card,cute Santa.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Deb said...

so gorgeous, I love that song, will be singing it all day now!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, creative day, Debxx

Carol said...

Cute card Barb, thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

Digidarla said...

WOW! that is awesome barb what a lovely card! The coloring is amazing! So glad you shared! XXX!DigiDalra (AKA-Kim) www.DigiDarla.com