Picture

Picture

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Sunday

I made this card for Reverend John for Easter Sunday. A story in our Church newsletter a couple of weeks ago talked about a blind boy flying a kite. And even though he could not see it he could feel the tugging. Much like God's love and faith, even though we may not always be able to see them, we can feel the tugging. That was what inspired my card.
The image is a Silhouette image and I thought it had a nice Spring feel to it too. I cut out the scallop shape using my Silhouette and ran it through the printer to add the sentiment. I used a black brad which I folded under the tag rather than push through my card to turn my scallop into a tag.
For those of you that celebrate Easter, I hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday spent celebrating the Resurrection and the Life with your family. And a few chocolaty treats and jellybean sweets too ;o)
I would like to share my card at:
Crazy 4 Challenges blue and white + 1 other color, closes Apr. 14,
Sentimental Sundays silhouette + sentiment, closes Apr. 15,
Word Art Wednesday challenge #23, closes Apr. 18,
CAS-ual Fridays  opposites attract, closes Apr. 20

10 comments:

Dana said...

This is so sweet Barb. CAS perfection. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)

*Alison* said...

what a great CAS card.. :)
Hugs
Alison
Owner-The Alley Way Stamps
www.thealleywaystamps.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Barb! This is so sweet and fun - great job! I'm so grateful that you chose to play along in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We're blessed to have you with us, and we hope you will continue to join us. What a blessing!
I'd also like to invite you to visit my personal blog and become a new follower. I'd like to also follow your blog - if you don't mind. I really look forward to seeing what you will make next, and hope you will always choose to link up at WAW. Hope to see you soon.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Virginia L. said...

Hi Barb! Beautiful design with the two colors--so effective and CAS! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Love that silhouette image-great card :) I'm glad you had some with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Natalie said...

Very pretty card. Loved your comment about not always seeing "God's tugging" which inspired the card.

Doreen said...

gorgeous card - the silhouette is amazing
Many thanks for joining us as Sentimental Sundays this week
Hugs
Doreen

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful image! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Laurie said...

What a fun image! And the perfect colors too! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzie's Card Den said...

What a sweet card and lovely story.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Suzie xx