Picture

Picture

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My First 3D Project

This is for my Mom. I used a Silhouette cut file called card kit flower pot. I have seen lots of inspiration for these around Blogland and thought I'd give it a try. The flower pot I cut out of Kraft paper. The inside and leaves I cut out of green cardstock. Then I cut another inside out of beige, ran it through the printer to add the sentiment, and then just cut the leaves off and adhered it on top of the green. I cut some more leaves by hand from lime green cardstock. I used my Prismacolor pencils to add some color to the leaves. I used used the back of my plastic 1/32 tsp. on a soft pad to curl the leaves. Then I used Elmer's Silicone Rubber Sealant in behind. My Mom's favorite flowers are pansies, so rather than use the flowers that came with the kit cut file I used Silhouette pansy cut files in 2 different styles. I used my 1/32 tsp. again to bow the petals and silicone glue to adhere them right on top of the leaves. Some ribbon and a bow finish the pot.
My lessons learned: The silicone glue takes a long time to dry, can be messy, and has a pretty strong smell. I will try this again, but I will try using popdots, thin ones. Also, all the little black veins in the pansies were very difficult to glue on. I could have drawn them on with a black marker and saved myself some tweezer work, lol.
Wishing all Moms a very Happy Mother's Day!!!
Took advantage of some natural sunlight and a clean carpet to take my pictures today, neither one is ever a guarantee around here, but today we had both ;o)
I would like to share my card at:
Paper Sundaes Mother's Day, closes May 12,
Love to Create For Mom, closes May 13,
The Paper Variety May flowers, closes May 13,
Kaboodle Doodles Honoring Mothers, closes May 14,
Paper Pretties use ribbon, closes May 14,
The Pink Elephant Challenge all about Mom, closes May 14,
Crafting For All Seasons handmade flowers, closes May 15,
The Squirrel and The Fox one for the girls, closes May 15,
The Sisterhood of Crafters May flowers, closes May 20,
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge I love you Mom, closes May 23

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Great job on your first 3d project. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Crafty and Green said...

What a Beautiful Flower Project! I just love this!! So Cheery! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Please Come Back and play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Sheryl said...

Fabulous 3d project. Thank you for joining in with the CRAFT anniversary blog hop.
Good Luck
Hugs
Sheryl (DT)

Sylvia x said...

Thank you so much for joining in the fun at CRAFT challenges with our blog hop. Hope you enjoyed it. Look out for the names of the winners in the next few days

Sylvia xx

ps I am having a birthday blog candy draw very soon but you will need to be a follower...do come and visit again..xx