Picture

Picture

Friday, June 15, 2012

Sk8er

This is for my nephew's birthday. He turns 7 on July 2nd. Canada Day is July 1st. So the challenge theme at The Poodles Parlour this fortnight of red, white and blue was pretty perfect for his birthday card. The image is Skateboarder from The Digi Garden. They are the sponsor for this challenge and have such lovely images! Not to mention you have so many ways to win. There is a sponsor prizes, prizes for the top 3 and prizes for our honorable mention "Poodle Picks" as well! I look forward to seeing your cards!
I have been without my computer for going on 3 weeks. I have access to the Internet through The Husband's work laptop but am without my digi files and *GASP* my Silhouette. So I had to get a little creative with this one, but isn't that what we crafter's do best, lol?!?
I followed the sketch at the Stella Says Sketch Challenge. I used my Prismacolor pencils on my image and bought some blending stumps at Michael's. A little baby oil for blending and voila! LOVE the way it turned out. Also used my Frost Blue Copic B00 to outline my image. My sentiment in hand written. Not something you see very often but The Husband's work laptop is not connected to our printer. The maple leaves were added using my parent's printer. Thank goodness they live nearby. I also used their printer to print my digi image. Cute little colored safety pin makes the perfect embellishment for a boy's card.
My lessons learned:
I was very afraid that the baby oil would tear my cardstock. I just used regular white cardstock. However, it held together perfectly and as a side bonus my card smells pretty great too ;o)
I would like to share my card at:
Scrapper's Delights it's a male thing, closes June 16,
Stampin' Sisters In Christ use an image showing action, closes June 17,
Stella Says Sketch Challenge sketch, closes June 17,
Cupcake Craft Challenges red, white and blue, closes June 18,
Sassy Cheryl's birthday, closes June 18,
The Pink Elephant masculine, closes June 18,
Aud Sentiments any sentiment for a child's birthday, closes June 19,
Charisma Cardz male cards, closes June 19,
Creative Card Crew song inspired (Sk8er Boi), closes June 19,
Little Red Wagon boys birthday, closes June 20,
Paper Craft Journey hand colored image, closes June 20

13 comments:

deesdesigns said...

This is ADORABLE! Your nephew is going to love this card - Just perfect for our "For a Child" challenge at Aud Sentiments. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

MariLynn said...

This is just adorable. I love this little skateboarding image. Your nephew is going to love this. I love how you did the hand written sentiment. You do what you have to do sometimes. I wanted a sentiment last week on my card that I wanted in white and so I hand wrote mine too. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I hope you have a blessed day!

Faye said...

This is a really cool card. The image is so much fun. Thanks for playing with our red, white and blue challenge this week at Cupcake. x

downrightcrafty said...

what a cheerful card and love the flag and the little pin
Hugs Kate xx

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

Hey there,

thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge "Inspired by a Song"!

Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.

Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great card just perfect for a young boy. Thanks for joining us for this fortnight challenge at Aud Sentiments. Please join us again soon.

Rachelle
AS DT member

Sassy Cheryl said...

Super, super adorable! The coloring is perfect.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Birthday challenge this week.

Dragonlady said...

Great childs card, he will love it. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Helen said...

Such an adorable card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Happy birthday to your nephew! Have a blessed week! ~H

TC said...

I'm sure your nephew will love this Sk8r boy card. Very Sweet.
Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments. Hugs TCx

Deanna said...

Adorable!
Thanks for playing at LRW!

Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

What a fab card for a boy! Love the ribbon with the blue pin. I am now a follower of your blog. Thank you for your super comments on my card. I have now listed all the supplies I used to make the card. Jace had a fantastic day and totally LOVED his first taste of birthday cake. He couldn't get enough. Take care.