Picture

Picture

Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Brother's Birthday

I made this card for my brother who recently started his own home construction business. That is a business that is really booming in our province and in our city. And he's been very busy. I used a Kenny K digi stamp called Home Improvement for the front cover. Inside I used Bugaboo Stamps Stella Nursing ICU. I imported both into my Silhouette and used the print and cut feature to cut them out. I colored them using my Prismacolor pencils and CASE'd Amy's coloring from the Krafty Girlz Embossing Challenge for my Home Improvement image. On my Stella image I added some Glossy Accents to her glasses and name tag. I also tried using my Versamarker Watermark Pen for blending. The Yield sign was a diamond Silhouette shape that I used the knife tool to cut in half. And then the offset feature to make the border. The stop sign was another Silhoeutte image. The banner and bandaids were also Silhouette shapes which I added my sentiments to and then used the print and cut feature again. Used pop dots to lift my images off the pages. Added a little safety pin embellie on the front.
My lessons learned: a Versamark Watermark Pen will blend your colored pencils. However, it takes forever to dry. I learned the hard way that putting my hand or fingers onto the wet coloring would then transfer it onto my uncolored parts.
My cover sentiment reads: Every good handyman needs a good handy helper!
Inside sentiment: My name is Stella and I'll be your handy helper today!


I would like to share my card at:
Scrap-Creations humor, closes Sept. 11,
The Hybrid Chick pop it up, closes Sept. 14,
Sentimental Sundays humor me, closes Sept.16, **Top 3!!!**
Creative Craft Challenges all about the guys, closes Sept. 18,
Hooked On Craft Challenges cards for men, closes Sept. 29,
By The Cute And Girly boys/men, closes Sept. 30


10 comments:

Michelle said...

This is too funny! Great for a man! Thanks for sharing this with us at GGSC!

Crafty Tazzy said...

Great Card Hunny!! Thank you for joining in with Creative Craft Challenges2 "All about the boys" Good Luck Annette dt ccc xxx

Olivia said...

This is hysterical...great job. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love this card. It's fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. xx Rachelle

Jennipher said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Judith said...

DIX love this - such a fun card - thanks for playing at CCC this week hugs Judith x

Judith said...

Sorry don't know where the DIX came from!!it should say I love this! - hugs Judith x

Desire Fourie said...

Barb I just love this. So beautifully designed. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Doreen said...

oh this is brilliant.
Many thanks for joining us at Sentimantal Sundays this week. Hope we will see you next week again.
Doreen xx

marion82 said...

brilliant!! very funny still laughing!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!