Picture

Picture

Thursday, January 17, 2013

ABC123

I followed a sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches ***Top 5!*** for this birthday card for a Teacher friend of mine. The image is from Sassy Studio Designs. I used Kraft cardstock as my base. The red polka dot ribbon was from my stash and I made a fork bow from the thin green polka dot ribbon, also from my stash. I cut the hexagons out of my dp's using my Silhouette. I added Making Memories Funky Black 7/16" letter stickers to them. The image I printed onto white cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils to match my friend. I added the cuffs and shirt tails with a white get marker as well. The chalkboard I paper pieced with kraft paper to tie in to the cardstock and colored with a black opaque marker. A white gel pen added the sentiment. Glossy Accents on the apple and glasses finish things off. I've included a picture of my friend too, shhh, don't tell her ;o)

I would like to share my card at:
Crafts and Me Challenges something new, MME Lime Twist dp's, closes Jan. 23,
Moving Along With The Times birthday card, closes Jan. 24, ***Top 3!***
A and T Emerald Faeries celebrations, closes Jan. 31

8 comments:

Debbie said...

This is really cute!! I'm sure the teacher loved it! The chalkboard paper is so fun and I love the "a,b,c,1,2,3" on the shapes!!

(Fun fact... my brother lives in Moose Jaw!!!! I'm in NY now but we are originally from NB! Small world!)

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a fabulous birthday card! Love her hair :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Oh this is brilliant what a great card for the teacher and so special being personalised too. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, love Hazelx

Laura said...

What a super cute teacher card! I love all the little details added with the glossy accents and gel pen! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Grandma Bonnie said...

This is so sweet and i think quite clever with the abc, 123 idea! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for your card!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet is this card. It's good you think of the teachers and make them feel special. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dawn said...

So adorable. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sande said...

Lovely card!

Thanks for joining in our challenge at A and T Emerald Faeries!

Hugs, Sande xx