Picture

Picture

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mid-Week Reminder

I get to be the mid-week reminder card at Crafting With Dragonflies. Mostly because I had Internet connection problems last week and was unable to upload my card. But that's what happens when you are a part of the World Wide Web I guess. Our theme is to make a card using stick pins and things with wings.
I used a Hannah Lynn image from Crafts and Me, our sponsor this week, called Star of Wonder. I followed the sketch at Sketch N Stash (course I'm much to late to enter it now but if I'm going to make a card with layers I have to use a sketch). I colored her using Prismacolor pencils. A Martha Stewart glitter marker made the gold accents on the star, halo and bird. I used green feathers for her wings. I stitched all the layers with my sewing machine and the papers were from the Making Memories Twinkle paper pack. The Poinsettias were a Silhouette cut file but I used Glossy Accents and gold glitter to make the flower centers. 2 pearl stickpins finish off my card.
Still time to join us, I look forward to seeing you!
 A darker one to show off the details a little better.
A lighter one to show off the sparkle a little better.
I'd like to share my card at:
Totally Gorjuss use 3 patterned papers, closes Nov. 23,
Bearly-Mine Challenges traditional colors red and green using die cuts, closes Nov. 26,
Stamp and Create feathers or leaves, closes Dec. 1

2 comments:

Kate said...

What an incredible card! I LOVE those green feathers - and your colouring is fantastic!

Sorry to read you had connection issues. That's always a pain - especially when you are counting on the internet!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. After you wrote a month or so ago, I went to Michaels to pick up a Silhouette to put away for Christmas but then decided that the timing wasn't the greatest with our move (last week). Anyway, now I've let "Santa" know that it tops my list and to look for a sale. I'll let him know to check things out on Friday! Thanks for the heads-up!

Susan Hogan said...

Great card and as I said before I love those feathers!